- You order the orthotics.
- We ship you the materials to create an impression of your foot (instructions, impression kit, questionnaire, return shipping label).
- You fill out the questionnaire and follow the instructions to create impressions of your feet.
- Make a trace of your shoe’s insoles, old orthotics, or foot on the back of the questionnaire so can determine the length and width for your new pair.
- You seal the impression kit with provided shipping tape & affix the provided return postage label to the box.
- You then hand the impression kit to your local postman or post office.
- We receive the impression of your feet.
- The orthotics lab creates the finished orthotics.
- Finally, the orthotics are shipped to you.
Delivery of orthotics usually takes 10-14 days after getting the foam impression kit back from you. Shipping is ~$12.95 for Continental US.
The orthotic shell is individually machined out our unique “Orthos Plastics” and carry a lifetime guarantee against breakage and memory loss. Each finished insole is hand sanded to fit into the desired shoe. Orthotic coverings carry a six month guarantee and can easily be reworked.
Use / Types of Shoes
You can use in all type of activities after fully broken in, which usually takes about 2 weeks.
Any shoe with a removable insole will work just fine. Please remove the original insole and replace it with the finished orthotic. Some shoes without removable insole will work as well. This device can be used in a shoe without a removable insole.
The things to be aware of for shoe without a removable insole are:
- The interior of the shoe should be relatively flat.
- The design of the shoe should be such that it does not deform the finished insole. A good example of this would be a high heel pump with a dramatic curve to the arch. This will deform the finished insole and not be comfortable.
There is a section on the back of the order form where you can trace an outline of your removable insoles. If you want, you can also send your shoes to us. Please contact us before doing that.
The impression kit accommodates feet up to 13.5 inches long and 5.5 inches wide.